Click here to launch JSviewer demo.
tips & tricks
E-mail your comments or questions here.
Donations are accepted via
What is JSviewer?
You can create a slide show with JSviewer in a matter of minutes.
JSviewer was designed to be easy to use for both web masters and end users, yet have very powerful features.
JSviewer supports keyboard controls for controlling slide shows.
Using the keyboard, you can turn image descriptions on or off, move buttons to the top or bottom of the window, make images appear randomly, and much more.
Click here to see JSviewer in action.
May 29, 2009 - Updated languages.js 1.3.3 is released
August 8, 2006 - Updated languages.js 1.3.2 is released
November 13, 2005 - JSviewer 1.3.1 is released
May 9, 2004 - JSviewer 1.3 is released
March 25, 2004 - JSviewer 1.2 is released
October 16, 2003 - JSviewer 1.1 is released
April 15, 2002 - JSviewer 1.0 is released
- 1.3.3 - updated Italian language translations (courtesy of Massimo Baffoni)
- 1.3.2 - addition of Norwegian language (courtesy of Bernt Knudsen)
- 1.3.1 - minor bug fix and addition of Danish language (courtesy of Soeren Soerensen)
- JSviewer can now display a text only page without requiring an image or loading an HTML page.
- Improved text wrapping and centering of images and captions.
- Thumbnails can now be displayed in multiple columns.
- Changed help panel to popup window.
- Revamped JSviewer cookies and created new variables for controlling JSviewer margins, thumbnail sizes and font sizes.
See configuration for more information.
- Moved jsviewer.js to <head> section of HTML template.
- Scaled down images are preferred to thumbnail images if full size images are already cached. This improves the performance of displaying thumbnails.
- Changed max size behavior. Max size now applies to web pages as well as images. When max size is turned off, images revert back to their original size.
- JSviewer options and image history are now preserved when resizing the browser and going to full screen mode and back.
- Many bug fixes.
How to Upgrade
Upgrading JSviewer is easy. Simply replace your old jsviewer.js with a new one available here.
If you customized JSviewer using cookies, you may need to reconfigure them for JSviewer 1.3.
Cookies were redesigned in JSviewer 1.2 to take up less memory in the browsers cookie cache.
Review the configuration page for details.
JSviewer is distributed as freeware for non-commercial use.
If you like JSviewer, please consider making a donation to help develop future releases.
If you make a donation, you can receive e-mail notification of updates to JSviewer.
Or you can get me something off my Amazon.com wish list.